Thursday 23 October 2008

Beautiful Autumn days

I think they are my favourites!! when the sun is so weak and low that it casts a mist all day, and the stove in the back cabin keeps you warm and cosy whilst cruising along. Nothing on the canal at all, (well apart from NB Ten Bob Note, who I played ping pong with, passing or being passed by Ernie 3 times during the day!!) so blue skies, sunny weather and empty water - better by far than summer!!
Passed a fishing convention though - no not the human kind, 3 herons within 200 yards all on the same bank side, all very reluctant to fly off when I went past. Of course they could've stayed, I would even have slowed down for them!
Well the ol' donkey has been serviced, and he sounds good as well. Ingenious little brass tap allows you to pump out the engine sump, and the gearbox sump, just by swinging a lever across, so that was easy..
Here's two rare pictures one of blue skies, and the other of me - errr, actually my shadow! I thought it was a bit of fun seeing myself cruising along the hedgerow...

No comments: