Sunday 12 October 2008

Too many Birds

Spent the weekend acting ferry (car ferry that is) I have a new pony. They take some looking after! and I can't even see her being harnessed up and saving the legs of my DM3 by hauling K2 down the canal!
All too unpredictable for me, my donkey kicks in every time, and answers to the call of the controls when I ask....

The canal still has too many of those black and white geese things. I hate them - apart from making a mess and squarking a lot, I can't see the point of them!! I for one will be glad when they all fly off for the winter... this pack ( can't think of them as a flock) only just got out when I went past... I'm sure they felt it was their right to stay in the water.

2 comments:

Brenda Scowcroft said...

Sorry Steve, they're Canada Geese and they don't go away - just all have 5 babies every year!!
Brenda

Waterrat said...

Hi Brenda - of course you are absolutely right!! over 52,000 breeding pairs in the UK, and they sit around here all year. Just seems like there are more of them this year!!