Monday 27 October 2008

Out and back...

Out Saturday at 0800hrs for the first ever flotilla cruise! A long day saw the fleet moored up in a fantastic spot just below the locks, and down the cut from a winding hole, perfect for me to turn and continue up the flight on Sunday.
No sooner had we turned out of the marina, than who should we pass than Ernie on NB Ten Bob Note (again for me!!) although Andy hadn't crossed paths before.
An uneventful, but beautiful run to Atherston, with us passing very few boats along the way.
With a Sunday roast on Saturday, and a fried breakfast on Sunday, I was geared up and ready to head for home, but forgot the reduced hour on daylight, so didn't quite make it back to the marina on Sunday night, so ended up a mile out, a fantastic spot, although hopeless for mooring as it has a concrete bank side that you can't stake to. I couldn't continue as my tunnel light didn't work, never mind, another job for John when I'm back in the marina!!

No comments: