Sunday 6 April 2008

Work, work, work and Snow!

First the bit that every UK blog will be reporting today - we had snow. 4 inches at my end! That's not unusual, I was sailing on Windermere in the late 1970's when we had snow during Easter - Then Easter was, as we all remember, the third weekend of April!! here's the obligatory picture!!
More importantly, The rental agent spent his visit last week, pointing out all those jobs that I was going to complete, but got sidetracked into more interesting things!
So Mr Rental Agent - the railway sleepers are now laid in place for the gravel path around the conservatory, and the gravel will come in May!
Oh, and the Ensuite is now plastered and sports the Laura Ashley Parisian Blue and White, as the bedroom does!
Phew!! Add to that mix Saturday horse riding and ice skating, together with a little pressure of a daughters hair not colouring correctly for a party, and the weekend was a little busy. It's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it! So I missed my brothers open day at Brinklow marina. Still I know the place pretty well!!
I've now got to finish the Bathroom, complete the floor in the conservatory and music room, and put the edging on the wood floor throughout the lounge and hallway - and maybe replace the carpet on the landing.... Ouch!
It may all be unrequired anyhow... Friday, one of my staff asked me if he had heard right - was I renting my house out? Giving him the affirmative he acknowledged that it would be ideal for him and his dogs once he has sold his house.
Ideal - rental without agents, to your staff!!

No comments: