Thursday 6 December 2007

5 Hours from Home

....and I was in the mobile free wastelands of the Langdales, staying at the - a favourite haunt of mine, waking up to views like this out of my window!
A fantastic long weekend - climbing a few of the Lakeland mountains, Bow Fell, Crinkle Crags, Pavey Ark, Harrison Stickle and the Langdale Pikes. Often above the dense valley cloud base, and more often than not in hail, snow, and high winds!! All too soon it came to an end!
The more astute of you would notice I was going to Wales, however the weather forecast made Wales seem impossible, and at least the Lakes gave me 2 great days outside, and 1 day not so good! It was fantastic to be in the open air again - oh and in the Hikers Bar, home of so many great characters, with a history of real moutaineers, and the best drying fireplace I know! Why I have ended up living so far South, I will never know!
Now for the run up to Christmas. All the work do's and dinners(!) presents to buy. An expensive time of year for me... Boat buying seems a world away, however, I have put it on my Fathers Christmas list, so we shall see if he obliges.

No comments: