Friday 28 March 2008

Boat for Sale !

Well yes OK! I am selling my candian canoe - only so that I can purchase one of the inflatable ones, as they are easier to carry on a Narrow Boat! My Symphony has been very faithful in keeping me on the water, and will be missed. But limited space on an NB and a rag top car means she needs to find a new loving owner.
However, really this is about all those second user NB's on the market. SO many more right now, I guess people are wanting to offload given economic forecasts and the floods of last year. However, what a load of rubbish most seem to be! If I see one more "trad stern with large hatchway" that is actually a semi-trad! or "Immaculate fit out" that ends up being MDF and MFI cupboards - I shall scream!! Or people that advertise their "pride and joy and sorry to sell" boat with 4 lines of words and a small picture of the stern, and on request for more information, ask "what more do you want?" but they still expect me to part with £90K!!
Come on boat sellers - If you want to sell me your boat, give me loads of detail, techncial, layout, fitout, shell details, engine, gearbox, as well as pictures that do your "pride and joy" justice, and recognise I'm a potential customer, not an irritation! Better still - give the whole thing to a reputable brokerage to sort out for you. On that front ABNB at Crick seem top flight, managing the whole process painlessly, and constantly ensuring accuracy of detail and information. Ok grump over!

No comments: