Monday 24 September 2007

Tales of the Unexpected

Having been sent to Coventry today (!!) whilst driving home I realised I was going right past David Ritsons latest project at Ventnor Farm Marina. So a quick call, chaos on SatNav who didn't want to believe Calcutt Lane existed, and I popped in for half an hour to meet up and view his work.
Although the boat concerned NB Abutus No3 is a very different style to K2, the quality of Davids craftsmanship is excellent. It also is a Norton Canes shell, so arguably I've seen their work as well. Would still like to see Nb Resolute, who apparantly is now in Cropredy! I'll tie that all up after this busy stretch!
That was unexpected!
Shares - if you want to make a small fortune on the stock market - invest a large one. Being clever I bought Northern Rock at 184p reckoning on their rise again. Did alright on Friday - seeing them close at 196p, but today, thanks to a bumbling Bank of England, who seem to fail everytime they sneeze at the moment, Northern closed at 172p!! This is the Bank, and Government, we trust our financial future with!!? Think I'll put my money into something that could certainly sink - but at least I'll know the risks!!
That was unexpected as well!!

No comments: