Wednesday 29 August 2007

A little about me

Well a wrapper website will eventually be created, to house this stuff, but a small amount here, as a response to requests!
Born 1965!! Spent my working life in the vehicle industry, primarily around vehicle leasing and fleet management, and specifically around business change and IT. In 2002 became the Director responsible for all of Leasedrive's technical and business process activities. 2006 saw Leasedrive merge with Velo, to create the largest independant vehicle management company in the UK. So that's work. Outside of work I love all outdoor activities. Sail cruising is a passion - such as this picture of us tied to the Mulberry harbour off the Normandy coast. I am RYA day skipper, and VHF qualified - the latter of some use on the tidals, the former - not a lot!!

Mountains - I love, but tend to climb and walk in the winter when the tourists aren't around, and when there is a bit more challenge - like this picture of us somewhere cold!! Actually England, in April, but none the less cold!

And of course a love of the inland waters, when I can steal my brothers boat, (Yes that is me in May 2007 with the fire on!!) hire one or jump into my canadian canoe, or kayak, to get the water fix. I love the boats, the history, the reality, and the peace and tranquility.
Divorced in 2006, it didn't take too long to install the love of the water into Claire, new confidant! however, due to the slight snag of virtigo, she's not so keen on the mountains !!
The waterways passion has been gentically passed on to my three girls, Suzi (17), Adele (15) and Cara (12)
Well, that's all about me, this blog is about K2, so we will go back to her. Boat fitter visit this Sunday (2nd September) and a trip to RW Davis on the 8th for a discussion about Kelvin K2's and 3's, and the Northwich Trader - that they can build at 58foot for me! Oh and calls to Trinity House, to see if I can find a K2 somewhere!!

No comments: