Monday 1 September 2008

Redundant - anyone got a job?

Well, after 12 years, seeing the business through many changes, and enjoying the challenges it has set me, today is the first day of a new future, without getting up and rushing off down the motorway somewhere for someone.
Over the weekend the business was sold to new venture capital funders, and despite rave reviews by the funders due diligence team of me, and my guidance of the business, the new owners wanted a slimmer business, and so 4 of the business directors find themselves looking for something to do.
At this stage I still can't realise the dream and vanish! having K2 to pay for, so it's onto the hunting for work thing.. something I've never done, as work has always found me!!
Hey well, meanwhile K2 will see more of the cut, not just the marina..!

3 comments:

Dogsontour by Greygal said...

Good luck, Steve. It's things like this that can often herald a brilliant new direction in life so I hope you see it as very much an opportunity (and yes, get some more cruising done while you've got the chance!)

Khayamanzi said...

I think I have a dinner lady, (sorry - person,) vacancy going if it helps!

Seriously, I'm sure things will work out - they always do in the end and have a strange of habit in my experience of working out for the best. You just have to wait for that good old friend 'hindsight' before you see it!

Waterrat said...

Thanks all - very much see it as an opportunity, and will make the best of it...