Monday 8 September 2008

Stitch in time..... blah blah

Ever since I got K2, my washing machine has been leaking... still assuming it was leaking into the bilge, and assuming I was pumping that out - I haven't been in a hurry to fix it! So it came back to bite me...
After a weekend out - (more on that later) I was wondering why we seemed heavier than usual, so pulled up the engine room floor on my return, to find the dry bilge with 2 inches of water in it. being a high quality fit out, there is no inspection way in the back cabin (!!!) - so floor up, to find the 2 inches equated to 4 inches at the stern. So hand pump and bucket, and the water foamed up nicely to give away it's origins!!OK - so I'll fix the washing machine, once I've dried K2 and me out!


Now, being a responsible dog owner (and not wanting a £500 fine) we pick up our dogs poo - which is more than can be said for... now is it BW, or the local council?? Either way this poo bin at the stop house, show there are more responsible dog owners than binmen (sorry bin people!)
So back to work - and I'm liking my new office !!! If only it gave me an income!

No comments: