Thursday 5 February 2009

73, 17, 1 and a few...

Crawled out of bed at the crack of dawn today. There was a conference in Oxford run by a software house who are thinking of developing a suite for vehicle remarketing. I fancied going. (well was invited!!) So 0600 on the road, that was a little white, crawling through the snowfall at 15mph. (I know Andy, but my 2 rear wheel drive car doesn't like ice) An hour after leaving I was 20 miles from home!
Every mile was covered with great concentration, and at painfully slow speeds, with an eventual halting on the M1/A43 slip road, Junction 15.
Look at the SatNav - every road off the M1 is closed, with queing traffic on every main road. 73 lorries parked (or maybe, slipped) up on the exit, the service station, and the roundabouts onto the A43, which by the way, the police had closed, but failed to advise drivers on the Motorway.
Eventually sneaked through the service station and back onto the M1 southbound to Junction 14, where exactly the same was happening. The A45 was closed, and lorries were parked all over the place, making it impossible to do the simple exercise of "round the roundabout and back"!! Here's the wonderful view out of my window that I gazed at for an hour and a half!!
When I finally got northbound on the M1, long after the conference had finished there was a 17 mile tail back from junction 14, glad I wasn't at the end of that!
So home exhausted and frustrated at 1600, having driven only 114 miles, and got within 43 miles of the conference.

1 comment:

Brenda Scowcroft said...

I've managed to get K2 onto the Valentine card! Hope you're impressed. If you want the original you can email your postal address.