Monday 12 January 2009

Room 1208

Horrid weekend, starting with a horrific car accident that left us in a ditch - courtesy of a farmers dog that ran uncontrolled out into the road in front of her. Our car control and Vorsprung durch Technik saved us from anything worse, although both were covered in glass and bruised. However, within a few hours, I was on the road in a van to pack up my house, ready for the new tenants moving in this week, and a Saturday and Sunday of hard slog, loading the remaining contents of the house into Room 1208!!
Saturday night was so icy at -8c. Me, a long wheel base van and my trailer, crawled the last 15 miles at next to no speed, to ensure we didn't end up in another ditch. Painful and tiring driving.
So now - house empty, room 1208 full, K2 full, and the trailer parked at the farm where the Pony is, I can catch up on the weekend, and wonder where it went to.
It wasn't fun - and I need a break now! but no such luck - ...

1 comment:

nb.bobcat said...

Sorry to hear about your accident. Not nice been involved in a few including one where I overtook a lorry not realising there was black ce on this lovely sunny straight bit of road. Shot across in front through the hedge up the ploughed field and almost back out in front of him again but this time the hedge held! My father has drummed into me not to swerve to avoid animals as could cause a much worse accident so far only had to deal with a Jack Rabbit which made me cry so not sure what I would do faced with a dog. Glad to hear you are both fine. Kath