Sunday 19 April 2009

No rollercoaster but brass instead

Forgoing the opportunity to go to Alton Towers for an adrenalin filled rush, I toottled over to K2 instead! So what to do? Lovely sunny Saturday, I could go out, and join the "M north oxford cut", with the hoarding masses, or stay put and enjoy the sunshine.
I stayed in -
And washed bedding, starting sorting the saloon, and polished all the brass on the Ol' Donkey till he gleamed. Cleaned off all the oil as well so that he came back to the condition he was in in when I got him.
A sparkling engine in the sunshine was a great sight, but sadly he wasn't turned over.

Stories abounded in the marina of heroism and rescue, of daring exploites and battling with the wind,

Then the pontoon shuddered, and a new boat, blew straight onto it, and off fell the lady from the back counter! Early bath - we told her it was the initiation rite, and she had passed with flying colours. Apparantly the water here is not warmer than the cut - but I don't intend to test it myself!

No comments: